Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-044
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Trades Helper - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 04/28/2021 - 05/11/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Trades Helper in Facility Management
- The incumbent reports directly to the Building Engineer Supervisor.
- The position holder is employed as a Trades Helper to assist the technicians of the skilled trades in the performance of routine and preventive maintenance, and new installations and demolition work.
- The Building Engineer Supervisor will assign the incumbent to any of the skilled trade shops on a daily basis to assist the skilled technicians with maintenance and repair work throughout the Embassy Compound (NEC) office buildings, grounds, and residential owned/leased properties.
- In addition to assisting the skilled trade technicians, the incumbent may be assigned tasks that include material handling, painting, custodial type work, snow removal, common laborer work, and grounds maintenance and gardening work
Completion of secondary school is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of maintenance or construction semi-skilled work experience in skilled trades such as mechanical (HVAC and Plumbing), electrical, carpentry, with a significant focus on building systems is required.
- Must have a basic technical understanding of major building mechanical systems and equipment.
- Must be familiar with construction techniques and workplace safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) – how and when to use it.
- Must be able to use a typical lot of hand tools, small handheld power tools, vacuum cleaners, gardening tools, and ladders.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for class B, C, E
- Must be able to work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks;
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications to be submitted through the link before 11th April 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=quttchhnpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=23507&orgId=25