Job Title: Sustainable Livelihoods Manager
Section: Member/ Client Services
Department: Sustainable Livelihoods
Location / Work station: SHOFCO, Nairobi
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: Chief Programs Officer
Direct reports: Sustainable Livelihoods Coordinators
Employability, Placement Coordinator
Job Purpose :
To be responsible for empowering the community in leading sustainable lives, improving their living standards and to generate income.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, supervision and oversight of sustainable livelihoods program for the achievement of program objectives.
- Prepare and share the annual work plan and operational plans for all components of the program.
- Ensure activities are conducted in a timely manner, under a specified quality, and within scope.
- Ensure all program staff understand goals and objectives and their individual responsibilities.
- Identify capacity gaps and opportunities to strengthen the different components of the program in liaison with the Chief programs officer.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of program staff and conduct quarterly staff performance appraisals.
- Manage program resources by preparing budgets and tracking use against approved budgets and ensuring compliance.
- Keep track of program activity plans and implementation schedules to ensure the quality of activities and timely achievement of outputs.
- Oversee different trainings – Entrepreneurship, Employability, SWEP skill upgrades and also the mentorship of beneficiary business owners.
- Support the management and mentorship of program staff, gradually building skills and capacities.
- Prepare and submit monthly update reports on the projects with the program.
- Facilitate the development and preparation of training materials on Entrepreneurship as appropriate (handouts, curricular, presentations, manuals etc.) and update existing materials in line with new recommendations and guidelines and facilitate trainings for program beneficiaries on entrepreneurship
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the program- the M&E department.
- Work with other programs to reach, identify, recruit and train community members in entrepreneurship.
- Oversee recruitments, training and placements of Employability students and Entrepreneurship Training Beneficiaries.
- Establish proper data collection methods for program activities and regularly review and analyse targets.
- Undertake documentation of good practices and lessons learned and ensure incorporation in improved processes.
- Develop and build partnerships in support of effective implementation of program components like job/internship placements for employability and SWEP.
- Identify and document program success stories and other narratives to enhance the quality of donor visits and donor reports.
- Organize and facilitate program events such as workshops and employability training graduations.
- Coordinate the running of SWEP production unit, ensuring growth and continuous skills upgrading, increased production, sales and increased membership.
- Revise and update all training curricula.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Micro Finance or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience having 2 years in Program Management/Leadership level.
- Experience in program management and working within a diverse community and capacity building of teams and target populations
- Ability to prepare budgets and implement them.
- Ability to manage multiple programs.
- Good marketing skills.
- Good analytical skills related to business acumen.
- Making decisions
- Examining information
- Exploring possibilities
- Team working
- Understanding people
- Empowering individuals
- Excellent communicator
- Pursuing goals
All applicants to register their profile on //www.myjobsinkenya.com/register to complete your application for the position before 30th September 2021