Radio Africa Limited is one of Kenya’s leading media houses with both top national and top niche radio stations in Kenya and we are looking for a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced and Mobile Applications Developer.
Software Engineer - Mobile Applications
The purpose of this position is to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals to implement the software from planning stage to roll out of applications and continuous improvement in line with the project timeline.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient, tested code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
- Mentor younger developers.
- Provide training on various topics to the rest of the team.
- Research new and improved approaches to problems.
- Create a technical training program to help developers advance knowledge and skills.
- Establish a strong culture of test-driven development.
- Establish a strong emphasis on quality assurance within the development pipeline.
- Participate in all roll out events and launches.
- Degree in Computer Science or related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of Python, Kotlin, Node and PHP
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as React and Vue
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to keep abreast of the latest .and seize opportunities.
- Impeccable personal integrity.
- Great attitude with excellent team spirit.
- Excellent creative content researcher, organized, disciplined and time management conscious.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
Radio Africa Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate. If you match the above qualifications and requirements you may apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com so as to reach us on or by 22nd September 2021. Please include your daytime telephone number. Also include names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. In light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Radio Africa Limited does not charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee