The Star Publication Limited is a publisher of the Star Newspaper, a leading daily in Kenya. We are looking for talented, energetic, ambitious and self-motivated candidates keen on taking an exciting career opportunity in sales.
Sales Executives – The Star Newspaper
Reporting to the Business Manager, the job holders will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing sales plan that will ensure that the business achieves its revenue and collection targets.
- Source & develop new business leads for The Star Publications Ltd.
- Develop strategic and competitive radio advertising sales and marketing concepts.
- Visit clients and make sales pitches and ensure swift and efficient closure of the deal.
- Acquire new clientele and update the ERP system promptly.
- Maintain long-term consultative relationship with clients for repeat business.
- Maintain effective customer care through use of the company's ERP.
- Submit weekly forecasts to help determine which clients to critically focus on to maximize sales volume and growth.
- Follow up on sales collections and ensure timely payments by all clients.
- Adhere to the company's credit policy with no debt beyond the credit period.
- Provide excellent account management in line with this cultivate first point contact between the editors and clients and use excellent interpersonal skills to keep the business relationships strong.
- Handle sales administrative issues as necessary.
- Conduct price surveys, customer satisfaction surveys and other market research in liaison with the R& D Department.
- Conduct market intelligence on gaps and business opportunities.
- Prepare weekly reports and any other reports as agreed with the Business Manager to provide timely guidance on any intervention.
- Reconcile customers' accounts on monthly basis and work with accounts to ensure monthly statements are signed off and dispatched to all clients
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in a similar position in the media or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in sales and marketing or a related field
- Proven track record of people management
- Strong Proposal writing skills, business acumen & results oriented attitude.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the market and the potential for sales growth
- An influential market changer
- Aggressive and self driven with a strong relationship bias.
- Highly intelligent, numeric and digital savvy.
- Have strong business acumen.
The Star Publication Limited is an equal opportunity employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidates. If you match the above qualifications and requirements, apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com so as to reach us on or by 8th September 2021. Please include your daytime telephone number. Also include names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. In light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted. Disclaimer:
The Star Publication Limited DOES NOT charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee.