The People Operations Officer is responsible for supporting the People Operations Department within LIFT Project through the provision of human resource generalist functions.
- 1 Year renewable contract based on performance.
- Male applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- Employee Records - Maintain and update employee files; both on hard and soft copies and ensure the employee register and HRMIS is always updated.
- Contract Management - Preparation and issuance of employee confirmation letters and renewal letters
- Support in conducting exit interviews and manage the exit process including issuing certificate of service, working closely with the People & Culture Manager.
- Leave Management - Regular updating of the leave register working closely with the Cluster Office Administrators
- Liaise with the cluster offices and other departments in the preparation of annual leave planners.
- Support the People & Culture Manager to adequately fill roles within agreed timelines as guided and ensure new joiners submit required placement documents.
- Shortlist applications and conduct preliminary interviews and screen applicants for basic compliance as assigned.
- Schedule interviews and follow up with Line Managers to provide feedback on each candidate then prepare the recruitment report for approval.
- Ensure all recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Ensure timely inclusion and removal of employees in the relevant benefits schemes
- Support the People & Culture Manager in preparation and timely submission of monthly payroll schedules.
- Update the monthly payroll with the details of new employees, promotions and exits, while ensuring accuracy of data.
- Ensures that all payroll changes are authorized prior to implementation.
- Support the People & Culture Manager to implement the performance management process as per performance calendar and timelines.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate performance management records both electronically and hard copies on staff files.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct new staff onboarding working closely with the People & Culture Manager
- Assist in identifying training needs within LIFT Project
- Assists in the co-ordination of skills audits & learning and development initiatives to address competency gaps and skills needed within the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate training records.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND WELFARE
- Assists the People & Culture Manager in drafting summaries of hearing proceedings.
- Assists the People & Culture Manager in providing guidance on HR policies to line managers and employees, so as to ensure that employment conflict is effectively managed.
- Liaise with Staff Welfare representatives across the LIFT cluster offices for the co-ordination of staff welfare initiatives across the offices.
- First point of contact - support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits, BOMA policies etc.
- Work with the People & Culture Manager in ensuring employees are engaged by having a good employee experience.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives
- Coordinate and participate in HR audits when called upon
- Coordinate and complete adhoc HR projects as and when they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a focus on Human Resources, Business Management or Business-Related Course
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources or CHRP will be an added advantage
- Member of IHRM
- At least Four (4) Years progressive HR Generalist Experience
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills
- Structured thought process and attentive to detail
- High Integrity, Confidentiality and Tact capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Results driven and goal focused
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability
- Proficient computer skills
- Sound core knowledge of applicable labour laws legislation
- Change Agent, Problem Solving / Judgement skills
- Conversant with HRMIS systems
All applications to be submitted before 31st October 2022.