- File high quality, compelling and accurate stories to the websites, social media pages, print, television, radio and any other required platform.
- Ensure that all stories are provided in a timely way.
- Provide analytical and predictive news that go beyond the routine daily news.
- Ensure that the content is accurate, simple to understand, literate, numerate and free from libel.
- Uphold a story filing style that shows libel awareness and ensure zero cases of libel suits caused by negligence or partisanship.
- Attend to work shifts which will include day and night shifts.
- Report to work on time and leave only when stories/ pictures/videos are complete.
- Check facts properly, verify source and check for fair balance, right of response and factualness.
- Ensure that all stories have all relevant details and background.
- Ensure that no stories are submitted with spelling and grammar errors.
- Ensure that there is outstanding, timely, accurate, and compelling biashara content on print, radio, television and digital and that our platforms are the first to produce any emerging stories and top stories.
- Ensure all information is loaded on converge from the start of an assignment to the end and to add relevant metadata to all stories.
- Check that all information is factual, fair, well balanced, fair comment before proceeding.
- Provide audio for radio, real-time content for the websites and
Bachelor’s degree in journalism
Diploma in journalism where the degree is not in journalism
- Deadlines strictly met as per departmental target
- 0% complaints from internal/external audience
- Excellent filing and delivery of news stories
- Urgency in delivery of news for the website, radio, print, social media platforms
- Scooping the competitors
- All stories on converge
- All platforms up to date with the latest stories, comments, analysis, interviews and videos at all times.
- Factual, balanced stories that uphold journalism standards
- Excellent interdepartmental synergy
- Excellent personal leave management
- Zero cases of libel
- Appraisal for self completed and submitted within the deadlines.
- 100% compliance to all company policies and procedures
Radio Africa Limited is an equal opportunity employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate. If you match the above qualifications and requirements you may apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com so as to reach us on or by 25th November 2021. Kindly include your daytime telephone number, names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. In light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Radio Africa Limited does not charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee.