Lead and coordinate Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and enable the Education for Life (EFL) project to measure progress and impact, and ensure visibility of its initiatives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develops and implements a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework that will enable the EFL project and VSO Kenya to effectively implement activities, measure results and the impact of its work
- Develop M&E plans, define project indicators, and collect and review monitoring da ta in line with the projects and VSO’s global M&E framework, core programme areas, core approaches; global products and donor requirements.
- Lead and contribute to impact assessment using qualitative and quantitative methods and other mixed methods.
- Monitor field activity implementation by staff and partners, support data collection and knowledge generation within the Education Programme.
- Ensures the integrity and quality of data in support of the EFL Project and support Volunteering for Development Grant and other projects.
- Ensure that funding proposals integrate robust M&E plans and communications strategies.
- Actively supports projects design, business pursuit and knowledge management initiatives
Reporting and Communication
- Develops and implements a reporting and communication strategy for EFL project in VSO Kenya that enables evidence-based reporting, higher visibility and strategic positioning in the development sector.
- Proactively demonstrates the value of M&E data by generating insightful analytical reports that add value to projects and VSO’s interpretation of that data and results.
- Lead and support the project team in gathering evidence of change, reporting and use learning to adapt, improve and advocate for change.
- Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy and reporting framework.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of internal and external communications materials.
- Lead in consolidating and submission of global MEAL reports
- Capacity building of staff, volunteers and partners in M&E, Reporting and communication
- Provides technical advice and support to programme, office staff, volunteers and partners where necessary, in communications and monitoring and evaluation.
- Supports internal and external peer review processes to provide technical quality assurance of VSO M&E initiatives.
- Promotes learning agendas, collaboration, adaptive programming, and knowledge management activities.
- Contributes to growing VSO’s body of evidence for quality programming and Communications channels.
A Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation social sciences, development studies/economics, communications or education.
- A minimum of 4 years experience and progressive responsibility working in M&E, Communications and Reporting for donor-funded development programmes e.g. DFID, USAID, EU, Ford Foundation; Open Society etc
- Experience of developing performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for donor-funded projects; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing reports, findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluations, especially under institutional donor contracts.
- Experience in the development of knowledge management and communication strategies.
- Experience in a ‘Development’ context/INGOs.
- Experience working in education, gender, health, livelihoods; governance or youth programmes.
- Being up-to-date on M&E; Communications; Reporting trends and current debates around development effectiveness; research and evaluation methodologies
- Excellent communications and writing skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner in English and Swahili.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, MIS online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, STATA. Or EPINFO.
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with people in different contexts.
- Self-starter with initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own workload.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants who had applied for this role before need not re-apply.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link to apply before 27th September 2021 //bit.ly/monitoringandevaluationofficereflproject