The Micro-community Bookkeeper is a part of the country Support Team whose main objective is to keep complete and accurate records of all the financial transactions in a systematic orderly, logical manner.
Core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
- Collect, analyze, and interpret external and internal data for monthly reports.
- Ensure strict compliance with Local and National Laws, and Financial Laws.
- Assist in photocopying and scanning all of financial documentation as directed.
- Assist in cash management and disbursement.
- Assist in sourcing of quotations as may be directed.
- Assist in processing of LPOs or LSOs or contract as directed by the Finance officer.
- Bachelor of Commerce; Accounting option.
- CPA -2
3 years of experience in a Not for Profit environment
Knowledge / Skills:
- Accounting Knowledge
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Associates degree or at least one year of experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Fresh Books, or other applications
- Excellent attention to detail, familiar with accounting practices and reporting
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in an office situation.
- Ability to collect and interpret financial data for management, reporting and training purposes.
- Ability to use information technology; experience in using the internet and presentation software.
- Strong skills in Accounting packages- etc.
- Good communication skills in English
- MUST BE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly submit your application before 26th November 2021.
N.B: Horizon Initiative does not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Men are encouraged to apply.