Job Title: Key Account Manager – Alcoholic Beverages
Reports to (Job Title): Key Account Director
To plan, direct and manage the Heineken Account in Africa region so as to maximize sales and profit by working with and through a team of technical and sales team in order to meet the agreed turnover within budgeted costs and working capital parameters.
Support the Heineken Account through transition activities, account coordination, report consolidation, customer need analysis, cost optimization, technical advice at sites, champion new products introduction, evaluation of the Heineken site teams’ technical competencies and presentation and interpretation of data to the Leadership team.
- Successfully Implement the Heineken Contract to achieve set target for customer feedback through the contract by taking lead in the customer transition activities, alignment with customer on SLAs, conducting regular customer review meeting and preparing progress reports to both the Customer and the Leadership Team.
- Understand and manage the P&L through Coordination of Cost Optimization activities at all sites with a focus on GP Improvement and TCO commitments.
- Proactively assess, identify and initiate sales and profitability programs through direct and contact sales in order to grow market share within Heineken with a target to increase from 65% to 100% in the next contract.
- To establish and manage an efficient customer service and distribution function to the customer by anticipating, assessing and specifying customer-driven service options to create competitive advantage as well as advising on new product introductions, Innovations and Portfolio Harmonization.
- Evaluation of the Technical competencies of Heineken team Through Training/On-job Assessment and working with the respective Commercial Excellence teams to ensure that all the employees possess the technical and skill level required for their roles.
- Proactively ensure zero safety issues across all sites by working with Site Teams to put in place processes and measures as well as ensuring that the customer employees are well trained on safety issues.
- Has no formal managerial responsibility, but may provide guidance to colleagues (e.g., provides coaching, assigns work, provides input into hiring decisions and evaluating performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, Dairy Tech, Microbiology or any other related discipline.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and French.
- Experience in account management in a B2B environment managing Strategic Accounts across multiple countries
- Deep understanding of the Brewing Industry
- Experience in working in a matrix organization will be an added advantage
Must be able to communicate in both English and French.
All applications are to be submitted through the website before 27th September 2021