A leading pharmaceutical retail chain is looking for an objective Internal Auditor to add value and improve its operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate documentation, reports, data, e.t.c.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and shareholders.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Continuously research and keep the company abreast with developments regarding the industry’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Proactively review and keep all procedures, controls and processes up-to-date.
- Maintain custody of up-to-date policies for all departments and administer adherence.
- CPA(K) is a must
- A degree in Accounting or Finance is an added advantage.
- Internal Audit experience is a must.
- Demonstrable working experience as Internal Auditor.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement and boldness.
Applications stating current/last and expected salary to be sent to [email protected]
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
All applications to be submitted through the email address before 25th August 2022