Our client is a group of schools located in Ongata Rongai and is recruiting a HR and Adminnistration.
This office will be responsible for various HR and administrative activities/ duties throughout the organisation including recruitment, staff welfare management, strategic planning, training and office management operations.
- Administering of the Staff Incentive Scheme.
- Payroll & Benefits Administration.
- Assist in the formulation of strategy and monitoring of the Human Resources Budgets.
- Assist in the evaluation of employee productivity.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants;
- Championing the rights of employees and organisation through fair application of the labour law.
- Responsible for all HR administrative tasks including preparation and update of HR documents i.e. company organization charts, manual, templates, etc.
- Prepare and manage all employee files, maintaining compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Facilitate entry and/or exit of staff into the company provided benefits as medical insurance and WIBA as outlined on the letters of offer or employment contracts.
- Coordinate and manage employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; staff team building activities.
- Effectively handle disciplinary issues and keep records of disciplinary meetings in the employee’s files.
- Timely and accurate data recording and maintenance on HR database and any other HR systems in place.
- Coordinate of recruitment processes– this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, pre-screening of resumes, scheduling interviews, selecting candidates, preparation of offer letters and contracts
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding process: This will include induction of new employees as they join the company and ensuring the staff exit process is smooth, clearing process and exit interviews are performed and shared with management.
- HRIS management: Update the system with all relevant employee details, monitor and approve leave days.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking leave, sick, and personal time.
Learning and Growth
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Generate policies and procedures for continuous identification of training needs of the staff.
- Formulate effective Performance Appraisal Policy, Procedures and ensure its compliance.
- Review and analyze the performance appraisal managing process
- Plan and direct for Training of employee including senior managers, maintain contact with outside resources for training.
- Organize appropriate training programs each year by engaging suitable departments from within or from outside.
- Follow up on all training activities and make suggestions for deployment to enhance utility of the human resource of the company.
- Develop the division’s workforce plans and succession plans for key positions.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and provide guidance as when needed.
- Have a Degree in business admin, social studies or relevant field.
- Working knowledge of HRIS.
- Proven experience as HR Manager, Officer or any other HR Position.
- Ideal candidate should have a current IHRM certification.
Key Performance Indicators
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision, be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Communication- Job requires excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Excellent written communication skills in English are a must.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to multitask and maintain high level accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- ICT Competence-Well versed in HR and Payroll Management Systems (HRIS Systems) with excellent skills in Microsoft Office, HRIS system, Applicant Tracking system, and online recruiting resources.
- Industry Knowledge- Have a Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wages and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies.
- Professionalism- Job requires demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills and displays good judgment.
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
All applications to be sent to sent to [email protected] before 12th August 2022 with the subject as HR AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER