ESIS Health Services is searching for a reliable and qualified Healthcare Front Desk Assistant to manage our clinical and administrative procedures.
As the Front Desk Assistant, you will be responsible for handing the day-day running on the clinic, maintaining patient records, and ensuring compliance with state laws and regulations.
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans and other medical procedures.
- Ensure patients flow and care is observed; reducing the waiting time per patient, greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate practitioner.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence; planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling projects.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
- Generates revenues by completing direct patient and third-party billing; monitoring accounts receivables; initiating collection calls and reminders.
- Secures information by completing database back-ups.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances office reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Do active marketing. Improve the flow of existing patients and increase referrals. Organize in- house and external events.
- Must have completed relevant certification program.
- Additional training in Medical Administration is a plus.
- Must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
- Strong written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal communication, PC proficiency and reporting skills.
- Highly organized with administrative familiarity.
- At least 3+ years’ experience, or more, in a medical setting.
- Mature lady with excellent phone manners.
- Familiarity with insurance company procedures and policies preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical billing procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
The ideal candidate will be professional and courteous, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Send your updated CVs to [email protected] by 22nd March 2021