Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Section: Business Services
Location / Work station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
Reports to: Finance Officer
Direct reports: Finance Assistant
To be responsible for bookkeeping tasks as well as providing support on finance and project budget management functions, all this to enable SHOFCO to achieve its strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities / Duties/ Tasks
- Gather and collect all financial data and information and verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system.
- Create suppliers in the SAP System using official documents provided by suppliers i.e. ensure addresses, credit terms, correct bank details and ensure all the supplier details are up-to-date at all times.
- Perform and document supplier/vendor sanction checks as required and spot checks on bank details through direct calls.
- Support in maintaining a record of funds disbursed to sub-grantees.
- Maintain ledgers and contribute to regular financial reporting as well as budgeting/forecasting functions and audit related routines.
- Assist in tracking journal entries by reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments.
- Process all financial transactions in the SAP to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Record and process supplier invoices and staff and other meeting participants’ expense claims in the SAP and attach the scanned copied of the invoices/Support documents.
- Payroll processing and issuance of payslips to staff
- Maintain and record revenue, purchase and nominal ledgers.
- Initiate, record and confirm payments to suppliers and service providers through bank, cheques and M-Pesa and send remittances to suppliers once payments are approved.
- Monitoring daily bank balances and negotiating exchange rates at the bank.
- Maintain banking files, including a list of signatories and agents.
- Ensure all finance documents are scanned, filed and stored safely in the safe
- Assist with month end close processes as assigned.
- Follow up for open POs and requests that are over 1 month to ensure they are expeditiously acted upon by the procurement and inventory team.
- Track all advances issued to staff for projects, weekly expenses and travel activities.
- Prepare monthly bank, M-pesa and SAP reconciliations to ensure records and information entered are accurate.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end accounting and audit related routines.
- Responsible for filing statutory returns. i.e. PAYE, NHIF, NSSF,WHT,VAT Withholding, Annual return
- Provide support in preparing donor reports and financial reports for the different stakeholders.
- Maintain an accurate filing system by processing the checks, expense reports and reconciliation of accounts.
- Oversee reconciliation and proper reporting for SHOFCO’s affiliates, SUN & SUN Duka.
- Support in grant management ensuring timely grant reporting. Maintain a schedule of all grants and reporting requirements.
- Diploma in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field
- Qualification in Accounting – CPA, ACCA, or similar will be desirable
- 3 years experience in the finance department
- A working understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations.
- Proficient user of finance software
- Examining information
- Documenting facts
- Articulate information
- Checking things
- Keen to details
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team working
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
- Meeting timescales
All applicants to register on //www.myjobsinkenya.com/register and submit their application for the role before 30th September 2021