To organise and drive the organisational budget, forecast and reporting process, ensuring the organisational budget produced is accurate and the process is efficient for budget holders across the organisation. To ensure all budget holders of Global functions are aware of their financial responsibilities, are accountable to their budget and are provided with the relevant financial analysis and support. To ensure Public Fundraising income analysis and three-year plan are accurate and drive decision making.
Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Lead the organisational budget process, ensuring the budget, forecast and reporting process is effective for budget holders across the organisation and facilitate decision making. This includes setting the timetable, ensuring templates are fit for purpose and deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance Operations and Executive director – Finance, ensure the financial business model and financial strategy is known and understood by VSO Global Functions’ budget holders.
- Ensure budget holders are properly trained, enabled to budget accurately and that the budget process enables them to make informed decisions.
- Constantly review financial reports provided to the Executive Board, senior managers and Budget holders across the organisation and ensure they are understood and enable effective decision making at all level.
- Drive improvement in reporting and ensure they align with organisational strategic changes and ways of working.
Business Partner to Global functions
- Be the finance point of contact for budget holders of Global functions (ie People Group, Corporate services, Public Fundraising, Data and Insight, Business Development, Knowledge, Evidence and Learning…)
- Provide financial and risk analysis for the People, Business Development and Corporate Service Departments to enable the heads of function to make decisions.
- Assist budget holders and heads of function in setting their budget and review their financial positions on a monthly basis.
- Work with head of functions to understand and manage cost drivers in their area and enable them to achieve better value for money.
- Drive a culture of financial accountability in its area and across the organisation.
- Ensure robust financial controls and oversight are in place and all budget holders are aware of their responsibilities.
- Pursue global consistency and continuous improvement in financial policies and procedures in collaboration with other team members.
- Work as part of the global finance teams to ensure that our systems are fit for purpose to support the needs of Programmes.
- Work closely with fundraisers and Business Pursuit to understand how expenditure drives income. Work closely with fundraisers on Key Performance Indicators -especially finance ones and ensure relevant financial data and analysis is available to ensure timely decisions around fundraising decision.
- Review, analyse and present consolidated income and net income actuals, projections and scenario planning.
- Ensure reporting on key income and net matrix across UK, the Netherlands and Ireland.
- Work closely with Public Fundraising and data and insight to ensure Gift Aid is maximised and processes are in line with HRMC requirements.
Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with extensive post qualification experience.
Advanced IT skills (particularly Excel) and experience in accounting and reporting packages.
- A strong internal customer/stakeholder focused approach and intent to understand the organisation in order to support the achievement of its aims and objectives effectively.
- Significant experience in leading reporting and budgeting processes in a global organisation.
- Significant experience in business partnering with senior managers and directors in a global organisation.
- Significant experience of working with Public Fundraising functions, analysis Return on Investment, business plans and Public Fundraising Key Performance Indicators
- Track record of analysing and reporting in a simple way on a large volume of complex data.
- Significant experience in designing and developing reports and budget templates in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Experience in successfully leading system and organisational changes in response to changing internal and external environments.
- Ability to deliver strategy whilst maintaining an operational workload.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement under pressure, adopting a solution-focused approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences, particularly internal and non-finance audiences.
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values.
- Able to undertake occasional international travel
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link to submit your application before 21st September 2021 //bit.ly/financebusinesspartnervso