Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-031
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Expediter - All Interested applicants
Open Period: 02/23/2021 - 03/08/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Customs Expediter in the General Services Office (GSO), Shipping.
Facilitates smooth entry of USG personnel and VIPs through border entry points and international airports (primarily Jomo Kenyatta International airport (JKIA). Prepares and types documents and forms for shipments in and out of Nairobi for personal and USG property. Undertakes follow-ups for documents in various GoK agencies. Works under the direct supervision of the local Customs & Shipping Supervisor.
Completion of Secondary School
Level IV English (Fluent, Reading/Writing/Speaking) (This may be tested) is required.
Level III Kiswahili (Good Working Knowledge, Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required.
Three years of administrative, freight forwarding, and airline/travel agency experience is required.
Knowledge of airport passengers and cargo handling is required.
Good working knowledge of Kenya customs, immigration, and airport operations requirements is required, as well as an understanding of privileged organizations under the Vienna convention.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suites is required.
- Possession of driver's license (Class B, C, E) is required as the incumbent will be self-driven to the airport and other out-of-office runs.
- Must be ready and willing to work on shifts that spread out at night and weekends; also be able to deal with short notice needs to assist at the airport.
- Must have a high level of customer service skills, and the ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Standard numerical skills to include the use of a calculator are required.
- The incumbent must be capable of manually lifting at least 25kg.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants submit your application through the link before 8th March 2021 //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=vndhuvbrpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=21636&orgId=25