Lead evidence and knowledge generation in VSO’s global programmes in education, health, livelihoods, and emergencies from the perspective of resilience and climate justice; build capacity of project/programme implementation teams for consistent application of evaluation guidelines in all planned project and programme evaluations; Use evaluation learnings to influence strengthening of programme quality for effective scaling of Volunteering for Development as VSO’s core development methodology and leadership value
Evaluation Quality & Knowledge:
- Develop standards and guidelines, methods and tools related to resilience and climate justice vis a vis volunteering to be applied for their measurement and learning in VSO’s global programmes; strive for research and innovations in evaluation methods and tools related to resilience and climate justice.
- Lead measurement of and learning in VSO’s volunteering for development (VfD) pathway and outcome related to volunteering, resilience and climate justice across VSO’s global programmes.
- Plan and conduct annual synthesis exercises across VSO’s global programmes and produce global level analytically learning reports and knowledge products on contributions of resilience and climate justice pathways along with volunteering leading to programme and VfD outcomes; feed learning back to global programmes for improvement in programme design, evaluation quality; disseminate across global programmes for shared knowledge.
- Plan and generate high quality evidence and lessons learnt related to volunteering vis vis resilience and climate justice for VSO’s annual reporting and investment decision-making across global programmes.
- Recruit and work with volunteer specialists related to resilience and climate justice to strengthen evaluation quality, knowledge development, capacity and knowledge sharing across VSO’s global programmes.
- Lead design of robust evidencing and learning plans in proposals across VSO’s global programmes from the perspective of resilience and climate justice in programme implementation.
- Participate in donor and other relevant forums strategic to evaluation for methodology, evidence and knowledge sharing, visibility, and organisational learning including in resilience and climate justice.
- Work with other colleagues in ‘Knowledge, Evidence, and Learning’, global programmes/Practice Areas for development of concept notes and pre-positioning papers from resilience and climate justice evidence perspective.
- Build knowledge and skills of M&E colleagues in programmes/projects to apply evaluation standards/guidelines, methods and tools for consistent, coherent practice and high quality, sustainable capacity in project/programme evaluation.
- Work with M&E colleagues, volunteers and partners across VSO’s global programmes to build shared understanding, knowledge, systems, and practice in evaluation related to resilience and climate justice.
- Promote programmatic knowledge sharing related to lessons learnt in resilience and climate justice in VSO programmes.
- Work positively with others in the ‘knowledge, evidence, and learning’ function for shared knowledge and planning, collaborative action, and coherent representation of the function.
- Work positively with other programme functions and practice areas for wider organisational knowledge sharing, planning, learning and action as required.
- Undertake reasonable additional assignments as requested and important for the organization
Master's degree in a related field (or equivalent experience); technical expertise in evaluation methodology.
- Experience of leading/conducting large-scale evaluations, measuring resilience and climate justice-related work.
- Proven experience of capacity building of frontline staff, volunteers, and partners in quality evaluation practices.
- Experience of working in development programmes in Global South.
- Volunteering experience in a development organisation in Global South.
- Sound knowledge and use of statistical tools for quantitative and qualitative data analysis contemporary to methodological innovations and applications in development measurement.
- Ability to develop, lead and deliver large scale evaluations on time.
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful.
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations.
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships.
- Ability to seek and share knowledge.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link //bit.ly/evaluationandlearningspecialistreilienceandclimatejustice to submit your application before 24th September 2021