Role Title: Digital Officer Web and Microsites
VSO Team: Global: Corporate Services
Work Location: Can be completed from home or from any VSO office or registered work location.
Job purpose: Maintain and develop VSO’s website and microsite infrastructure.
- Edit web, microsite content as provided by leaders to digital best practice standards for publication across VSO web and microsites.
- Update and publish website and core microsite content monthly, and more regularly as required.
- Ensure our website content is, relevant, engaging to target audiences, Search Engine Optimised (SEO), accessible, and meets VSO editorial guidelines.
- Conduct regular content reviews to ensure content across our external and internal digital products is accurate and up to date.
- Create landing pages and online forms within our CMS (Content Management System) to support specific activity including lead generation, fundraising appeals, and event registrations.
- Create microsites for global teams and support them in managing for use in discussions with potential partners and cross-organisation initiatives.
- Use the personalization functionality available on the VSO website to customise the user’s experience and increase engagement.
- Provide data from use analytics, tracking software, and user feedback to identify opportunities to improve conversion rates on key user journeys.
- Monitor content performance and report regularly to content owners on opportunities for improvement.
- Act as in-house web application expert, sharing knowledge and training VSO colleagues in digital best practice and audience-focused content design.
- Maintain up-to-date guidance for global and project teams on website content required, follow up on content generation, and refreshment.
- Build relationships and establish processes to allow a steady flow of updating of VSO information.
- Contribute fully to the Digital Communications Network – with the other Digital and Communications Officers, confer and confirm content and user experience consistency across channels.
- Maintain links so that suitable supporter and gift data feeds back into other systems to enable effective operational, engagement, and marketing communications.
- Qualifications in marketing or digital copywriting highly desirable.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Digital copywriting and content creation for a complex organization.
- Using Content Management Systems, ideally Drupal with WordPress an additional bonus.
- Reporting on digital performance using Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Experience within the international development sector.
- Knowledge of good practice around web standards, accessibility, usability/UX, and SEO.
- Knowledge of popular digital platforms and associated content types.
- Good working knowledge of fundraising and marketing regulations including data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
- Able to write clearly and concisely, even when the subject matter is complex.
- Able to work to deadlines and manage high volumes of work.
- Detail orientated. Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar.
- Commitment for developing high-quality work and have a passion for consistent improvement
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click the link for more information http://bit.ly/digitalofficerwebandmicrosites and submit your application before 14th May 2021