The Star Publication Limited is one of Kenya’s leading newspaper publishers that produces The Star Newspaper. We are looking for an experienced accountant.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will be tasked with completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices while maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions for The Star Publications Limited.
- Collecting and analyzing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Monthly Audit count and verification of returns
- Weekly collection & aging reports sent to the circulation manager and conducting meetings with vendors on debt and account reconciliations
- Providing the traffic department with regional sales actuals and the following week's projections
- Conducting Mpesa reconciliation
- Verification & Posting of Distributor Claims.
- Monthly Invoicing of Vendors, Distributors, Subscriptions, & Agents.
- Monthly and end-year expenses ledger provisions.
- Periodic reporting. Update of circulation analysis report, & Sales analysis Report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in an accounting position.
- Sound knowledge of the local Tax laws and regulations
- Strong accounting background
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Assertive communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly organized individual
- Excellent follow-through
- Advanced planning skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Persistent person
- Results-oriented individual
- A keen eye for detail
- Impeccable personal integrity
The Star Publication Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate. If you match the above qualifications and requirements you may apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com to reach us on or by 22nd February 2024. Please include your daytime telephone number and names and contact telephone and email addresses of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. We regret that in light of the anticipated numerous applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The Star Publication Limited does not charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies that charge a recruitment fee.