JOB TITLE: CHIEF NURSE
NATURE OF JOB: FULL TIME
SALARY: Kshs. 150,000.00
JOB LOCATION: NAIROBI, EASTLEIGH, AND ELDORET
NO OF VACANCIES: 3
Our client a hospital is looking to hire 3 Chief Nurse/ Matrons for Parklands, Eastleigh, and Eldoret. The chief nurse will be mandated by the hospital administration to maintain clinical and patient-care standards. This includes ensuring that the patients are safe in the hospital and have access to the right medical care and other hospital facilities. The chief nursing officer is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/Patient Care Services (i.e. Wards, OT, employee health/infection control, in-service education, quality indicators data, social services/discharge planning, and utilization review). To ensure compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from neonate to geriatric. Maintaining performance improvement activities within the department and participate in CQI activities. Assure competency of all nursing personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Know and practices the prescribed philosophy, purpose, policies, and standards of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
- Ensure every patient in the hospital is served with care, compassion and commitment with a smiling face.
- Ensure that every patient is registered properly into the system and attended with a quick turnaround time.
- Ensure that service departments including operating theatre infrastructure, ICU, NICU, HDU, Ward, Maternity, Emergency, In Patient, OPD, Dialysis, Radiology, Pathology, requirements are in place and coverage by concerned trained nurses.
- Ensure proper discipline, training, cleanliness, duty roster, IT system.
- Proper indenting of any requirements in advance, ensure the department follows all quality norms and standard operating procedures.
- Administer the Nursing Department
- Prepare meeting schedule for the Department & conduct the same in a professional manner
- Give reports to the Resident Medical Doctor and Visiting Doctors
- Give Reports on non-medical issues to DGM / VPO
- Organise, direct, and administer the Nursing/Patient Care Services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
- Maintain continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery and communicate with Management on the activities/issues of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
- Plan and recommend to Management new facilities or equipment, or modification thereto, needed to provide patient care.
- Recommend, support, and participate in education services, programs of education, and training, including orientation of new employees.
- Encourage and facilitate the professional advancement of employees by affording opportunities for further education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field an asset.
- 5 Plus years’ experience as a chief nurse/ Matron.
- Critical Care Nursing experience and prior experience as a Chief Nursing Officer an added advantage. Current licensure to practice in Kenya as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- The Chief Nurse should also have excellent team-building, analytical, innovation, and organizational skills with a high level of integrity and perseverance
- Good communication skills
- Leadership and decision making skills
- Dedication and excellence at work
- Computer skills
- Administrative skills
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications, and experience to [email protected]
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- All applications to be submitted before 30th May 2021
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted