Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Job Grade: Head of Department
Reporting to: MD/CEO
This role is directly responsible for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, partnership compliance, as well as private and institutional financing for Jambojet.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, profitability, and business opportunities for growth.
- Manage processes for and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Oversee tax, insurance and treasury functions
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organization.
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships at all levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option)
- Masters Degree in a related discipline is desirable
- A qualified accountant with relevant professional certifications; CPA(K), ACCA, ICAEW
- Knowledge of revenue management strategies is a plus.
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge in working with an ERP system.
- 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Working knowledge within a fast-paced organization in a new low-cost model that has a very high potential for rapid growth.
- Strong business management and revenue maximization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
All applications are to be submitted through www.myjobsinkenya.com by completing your profile and submitting your application before 30th September 2021