Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-071
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Cashier - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 09/13/2021 - 09/24/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Cashier.
The incumbent serves as the Principal Class B Cashier at Embassy Nairobi. Is personally liable to the United States Disbursing Officer at Charleston Global Financial Service Center for operating cash advance equivalent to USD 350,000. The incumbent has responsibility for full range of Cashier and cash management duties including processing collections (USD 10.7M), accommodation exchange (USD 16.20M), disbursements (USD 1.68M), reconciling financial transactions and serving as a representative of the U.S. Disbursing officer. Must follow regulatory security guidelines in place when depositing and withdrawing funds from the local USDO bank and pays attention to the annual COBRA report. Coordinates Embassy's Automatic Teller Machine in liaison with the Local bank, RSO and security company. Ensure that ICASS Cashiering services are provided to 64 agency cost centres, maintain quarterly ICASS Cashier workload counts. Reports directly to the DFMO.
A University degree in accounting, finance or business administration is required.
Level 4 proficiency in English (reading/speaking/writing) is required (This may be tested).
Three years of progressive experience in accounting, at least one year of which has been in Cashier Operations is required.
Knowledge of cashier procedures and cashier, proficient in COAST cashiering software. Familiarity with State Department accounting system RFMS/M including Accounting, Vouchering and Payrolling.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to use keyboard, calculators and cash counting machines.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and be tactful and professional in dealing with a diverse range of employees often high-ranking officers who require cashier services.
- Must be extremely accurate in record keeping and have the ability to verify the accuracy of figures.
- Must understand the concept of shared services and the accuracy of statistical workload.
- Ability to deal with all personnel problems objectively and professionally. Self-motivated, to manage time effectively, prioritize, plan, organize the workflow and work independently.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Click on the link to submit your application before 24th September 2021//erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=zzfqrdznpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=27288&orgId=25