Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Management Accountant
Contract length: 1 year (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Main Purpose & Scope the Job
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling accounting ledgers and balance sheets in accordance with Ankole Grill Policies, Procedures and Standards laid out by Management to ensure customer satisfaction.
Overview of Key Processes
In order to maintain and guarantee the safe and sustainable provision of signature food to customers, Ankole Grill implements a systemic approach to best in class management, whereby appropriate controls, tools and procedures are applied to a variety of conditions both ambient and cold chain to help manage any consequential risks. Key processes include:
Identify and quantify all records created or maintained within the value chain by type, date range, format, volume, storage location, and applicable records series information to help improve the accuracy of document flow towards an efficient and organized workplace
Ensures a full proof system with the general ledger from all source documents and records filed within the business entity
Properly safeguard, reconcile and administer petty cash funds. Ensure reimbursement for petty cash must be for the exact amount of the expense and petty cash float is maintained as per the agreed policies
Entails accounting process that compares two sets of records to check that figures are correct and in agreement; also confirms that accounts in the general ledger are consistent, accurate, and complete
Providing a conducive work environment that promotes employee satisfaction measured through performance review process and promoting growth through training and mentorship
How fast the procurement value chain can react to things.; Shorter Lead-time, Flexibility and being customer centric.
Timely analysis and reporting of financial data which is instrumental to decision making which includes weekly and month-end-reports
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of Finance equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate policies regulations and laws
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries of direct invoices per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Paying suppliers; Verify approval on all invoices, scheduling and preparing checks per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Verifies Supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date daily recording of transactions and input data into the accounting system
- Maintains historical records by filing documents per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Filing statutory returns, VAT, WHT tax, Catering Levy, NSSF, NHIF HELB, and PAYE.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices per Ankole Grill accounting guidelines.
- Involve in preparation of financial reports and management reports
- Maintain confidentiality of company data.
*In addition to the above, the Accountant may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Variance to Expense Budget
- Operating Profit Margin
- Total Business Cost per Sales UOM
- Total Business Cost per Production UOM
- Master Data Accuracy (Chart of Accounts)
Key Responsibilities Ares (KRAs)
- Effective Financial Management
- Effective Analysis & Reporting
- Effective P&L & COGs Optimization
- Effective Communication
- Effective Budget Control
- Adherence to IAS & IFRS Standards
- Effective Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- CPA K / ACCA
- 3 years experience in a similar role preferably in the Hospitality industry in a 4 Star or 5 Star establishment
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Be tech savvy and have a good working knowledge of various computer software programs MS Office, Receiving Software, Inventory system, Micros POS QuickBooks, Quickpayroll.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Good reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Financial/P&L and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Customer service oriented with a positive, energetic, and outgoing can-do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
All applications should be submitted by 21st February 2021