|Recruiter:||Management Systems International||Updated on:||2017-01-11 14:46:20|
Monitoring and Evaluation
Fundraising / Advocacy
Economic Growth / Development
Democracy and Governance
The M&V/Research Specialist will undertake activity-level monitoring and verification of results in the field in order to ensure that all USAID implementing partners’ data are complete, accurate, and consistent with agreements and reports, and with USAID’s regulations.
** Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply **
• A graduate degree in Statistics, Research Methods, Demography, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related technical field.
• At least 4 years of international experience in the management, monitoring and evaluation of development programs, including experience developing monitoring tools, and training and managing staff in effective use of those tools.
• Excellent American English writing skills and speaking ability.
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya East Africa strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission's development hypothesis. It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
• Assist with the implementation of the M&V task order, including project management.
• Design and coordinate data collection and synthesis, and facilitate the assessment of activity, project and program goals
• Support the development of protocols for training a team of Regional Supervisory Field Staff and Field-Based Monitors (possibly outsourced) that will become familiar with all Mission projects and randomly select and visit activity sites to monitor and report on the following activities;
• Monitoring of project performance and partner data collection methods and quality.
• Activity-level environmental compliance and mitigation measures, as required in ADS 204 and activity/project Initial Environmental Evaluations (IEEs) and Environmental Reviews (ERs), taking into account USAID Environmental Guidelines, and including the Pesticides Evaluation Report and Safer Use Action Plan (PERSUAP), when appropriate.
• Compliance with IP approved USAID Branding and Marking plan, per ADS 320.
• Based on the above, provide real-time, flexible, activity-level data analyses and reporting utilizing an electronic data collection system that can aggregate data and provide it in real-time to AORs/CORs.
• Support partner training and sessions on collecting data for individual indicators.
• Meet with implementing partners to provide advice on updating and implementing their M&E plans, and ensuring M&E plans link to USAID Project M&E Plans and Mission PMP.
• Assist with and give input on evaluations and other analytical products, as appropriate, and other duties as assigned by the COP.
• Other activities as assigned by the Chief of Party.